• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802 excessive oil pressure...

CDR

Here it goes seems to always be me with the crazy wild problems. Anyone else is been reading my post know when I originally got my generator to start it blew the oil filter off the motor. I put a new one and didn't have a problem after that. Except that my oil pressure gauge was buried.

Ran it for three hours the first time no issues.

Went to started up cold today and it sputters and then loses compression.

What it looks like is happening the oil pressure is so excessively high it's popping the hydraulic lifters up to the point they're holding the valves open.

So I'm assuming my oil pressure return spring is frozen I'm not sure where it is located I'm sure I'm not lucky enough to have it external on the motor I'm sure I'll have to pull the motor does anyone know where I can get a motor schematic???

Thanks for any help

Cold

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395948689.212675.jpg

Hot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395948707.933954.jpg

dependable

Thanks for posting that download. Just want to point out that it originally came from www.liberatedmanuals.com. The owner of that site is also a member here and should get some credit.

Above site also has TM-9-6115-641-10(1), the operators manual, and a maintenance manual (641-24). I just read operators manual in since my first 802 is on the way. Answers a lot of basic questions that have been asked about these units recently. Almost a first for me, reading the directions before I do anything.

Last edited:

CDR

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396282879.438755.jpg

That's cranking oil PSI!!! When it turns over it buries the gauge. Tell me know one has had this problem???

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
drain oil, remove crankcase cover, remove pressure relief valve from pump. replace.

you have to fix your old valve, it is only available with a new oil pump, $400

Last edited:

CDR

drain oil, remove crankcase cover, remove pressure relief valve from pump. replace.

you have to fix your old valve, it is only available with a new oil pump, $400
Hope the valve is able to be disassembled.

In the TM it stated to remove cylinder head and cam shaft???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks