• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802 Fuel Gauge Full all the time.

ECS

The fuel gauge is reading full all the time so it will not auto-refuel.

I suspect it maybe stuck, and if that is the case how do I free it up? I'm not sure how to check it?

Do you reach through the filler area or remove some panel?

or is it likely some other problem?

This thing is near new with only 17 hours. It had 12 on it when I got it and it ran until it ran the tank dry.

Thanks,

Zed254

Check electrical connections and grounding. Then pull the TM and check out the diagram of .............

4 PAOZZ PAOZZ 36024 88-21162-1 .SWITCH LIQUID LEVEL 1
UOC: EMH

10 PAOZZ PAOZZ 30554 88-20061 ..SWITCH LIQUID LEVEL

I had to reach into the fuel tank and 'exercise' the liquid level switches. The floats sometimes hang up. You should check condition of the crud inside the tank, too. It might need some cleaning.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The fuel gauge is reading full all the time so it will not auto-refuel.

I suspect it maybe stuck, and if that is the case how do I free it up? I'm not sure how to check it?

Do you reach through the filler area or remove some panel?

or is it likely some other problem?

This thing is near new with only 17 hours. It had 12 on it when I got it and it ran until it ran the tank dry.

Thanks,
The gauge has nothing to do with the replenish function. Two different functions. Would suggest you read the TM's a bit. The procedure for checking/inspecting the FL-1 and FL-2 functions, Engine shut off in low fuel situation and the replenish function are described in the -24 TM.

ECS

Check electrical connections and grounding. Then pull the TM and check out the diagram of .............

4 PAOZZ PAOZZ 36024 88-21162-1 .SWITCH LIQUID LEVEL 1
UOC: EMH

10 PAOZZ PAOZZ 30554 88-20061 ..SWITCH LIQUID LEVEL

I had to reach into the fuel tank and 'exercise' the liquid level switches. The floats sometimes hang up. You should check condition of the crud inside the tank, too. It might need some cleaning.
Thanks

ECS

The gauge has nothing to do with the replenish function. Two different functions. Would suggest you read the TM's a bit. The procedure for checking/inspecting the FL-1 and FL-2 functions, Engine shut off in low fuel situation and the replenish function are described in the -24 TM.
Thanks ... I see it now on the diagram.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks