• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802 generator

George1953

I have an 802 that started having voltage problems
have it at the front outlet but nothing at the lugs. also have a problem starting it has no start at the switch but starts when i jump the solenoid.
is there a relay in there that kicks in and out with the oil pressure?
Will appreciate all help Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Now,

I have an 802 that started having voltage problems have it at the front outlet but nothing at the lugs. (This means your output contactor, K1, is not closing) also have a problem starting it has no start at the switch but starts when i jump the solenoid. (There could be several reasons for this, and its your main problem. Solve it, and you might just solve the K1 problem. First, read the Operators TM to understand how to properly start the set. Check the S10, Dead crank switch is in the proper position. Check that the S17, Emergency Stop switch is in the proper location. Then try and start it.

is there a relay in there that kicks in and out with the oil pressure? (Yes, but when you use the S1, Start/run and stop switch, its bypassed) Will appreciate all help Thanks

Ray70

Another important piece of info, does everything else on the control panel work except for the ability to start the engine?
Fuel pumps run with switch in the Prime / Run position, gages and meters work etc?
Is this machine new to you, or did you one have it working correctly and all of a sudden it stopped working correctly??

George1953

Another important piece of info, does everything else on the control panel work except for the ability to start the engine?
Fuel pumps run with switch in the Prime / Run position, gages and meters work etc?
Is this machine new to you, or did you one have it working correctly and all of a sudden it stopped working correctly??
yes everything works just no start have power at the front plugl but none at the lugs it worked fine one morning and next time i went to start it........no start and no power at the lugs

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you try to start it from the master switch, do you hear the K2 relay clicking? It's a small contactor buried out of sight, but it makes a distinctive "thunk" when it engages that is heavier sounding than the normal relays behind the gauge panel.

It's likely that the K2 is not operating and you should remove the top of the machine. They are known for getting sticky and ceasing to operate. All it takes is removing the cover of the contactor and spraying some cleaner inside while exercising it manually a few times.

While you are in there, you can also check the function of the main disconnect contactor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks