• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802 Leaking oil from oil drain

mavucci

So I just set up a 30gal fuel cell on the back of my gen trailer. I drove to the fuel station to top it off and check the aux pump. When I got home before I started up the generator I noticed oil leaking from the drain hosejust a few drops that dropped into the floor of the generator. I’m not sure if it because the hose clamp came loose or if towing the unit broke some sort of seal. Has anyone had this issue before? I cleaned the oil and tightened the hose clamp. And I’ll keep an eye on it. Is there anything I can do to better the seal? I assume I’ll have to drain the oil to be able to undo the clamps and see if I can adjust that black drain hose. I’ll try to upload pics tomorrow. But I struggled last time.

Mike

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics indicating the point of the leak will be very helpful in diagnosing and resolving your issue.

Bmxenbrett

Hose clamp should be fine. Theres no pressure on it. How ever hose may be hard, valve may be leaking, fittings leaking or plug may be loose.

Have you tryed to tighten the clamp? Are you sure driving it around didnt alot the oil to drip off something else? Run it and test.

Demoh

Every now and again I will get a gen where the hose is in such rough of shape it is basically porous and seeps oil. Age was the issue there. May not be your issue but a consideration.

mavucci

I tightened up the hose clamp yesterday and today I didn’t notice anything where it was leaking. If the drain hose wraps like you describe is replacing it just fitting a new hose over the barbed ends then tighten the hose clamps?

Guyfang

Staff member
Every now and again I will get a gen where the hose is in such rough of shape it is basically porous and seeps oil. Age was the issue there. May not be your issue but a consideration.

Remember, the hose stays full. The valve and plug, if it's still there, also keep oil in the hose. So if the hose is leaking, it probably defective. Common problem. So, good call.

dstang97

Mine is leaking at the 90* it needs to be removed and some pipe dope on it. Maybe check there. It’s making a mess in mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks