• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802= No fun at all

CDR

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395491895.334789.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395491912.557234.jpg

I know some people got lucky and you should send some thanks to God.

Here it goes... First issue motor won't crank by turning the switch. Dead crank works. Jumping relay works Can't find solution... Starter relay works starter switch works. Not sure how to test starter disconnect to determine if it works and not sure if there is any other lockouts.

Second issue go to start and no compression! Yaaayyy put 2 stroke oil in motor and let it sit over night I pull off exhaust and clean all the rust out. Crank it again motor pops and oil sprays out exhaust all over the the place. After two hours of crank and it farting it starts up runs on one jug and won't get past an idle

Third issue in the middle of it barley running the oil pump relief get jammed and blows the oil filter up. Yes the oil filter explodes! Oil sprays out like an Iraq oil well. Shut it down refilled oil new filter and tried it again and didn't explode I'm assuming the spring was stuck.

Fourth issue while it was barely running some where around 1200rpms I touched the panel and got shocked!! Yes shocked!

Fifth issue. Intruptor switch. When I got the set I could hit closed with out it running and here a click now I don't here anything....

Questions to members with one. If you turn on the battle short switch and you crank motor? What lock out seems to be on gen set to prevent it from cranking? Can you move your intruptor with the set off and here it engaging and disengaging?

I have $1500 in to it please some one take this piece of crap off my hands I'll give it to you for $500

dangier

CDR-Don't give up yet! That is the fun and learning a new (to you), machine. You have a lot invested in it. There is enough knowledge here to help you through. In the end you will be glad you did. Just hang on and help will be here soon.
David

CDR

Thanks for the advice!
Another important question I notice there is one relay that doesn't look like the others... Where does it go maybe mine is in the wrong spot...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395495025.979214.jpg

dangier

I have no experience with the 802's. All mine is with the 002/003's. Look at reasoning out one issue at a time. Easy to get side-tracked and lose where you were. Some one will be along to help.

I had a oil filter explode on a thermoking generator while trying to start. Found oil filter was solid block of ice and a few gallons of water in the sump.

Takes patience.....

David

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
You need to start at the beginning, which sounds like it would be the lube system. drain whatever is in it, make sure it is clean inside, new correct (NOT 2 cycle oil) oil and filter, new fuel and filter. Get engine running before worrying about other things. MUST be grounded or you could be killed!!! With switch on prime it will start with the dead crank switch if you hold the shutoff to the rear. The shutoff is NOT the speed control so it may run slow or fast. The speed control is cable controlled. 1200 rpm is not slow, it is almost wide open, it only runs at 1800. Then move on to other things 1 at a time.

Ratch

If I still lived up there, I'd give you a hand. It sounds like you have a boatload of problems, but like any complex system, tackle it in small steps.

First thing I'd say to do is drain the oil and see what's in it. If its milky, it's still full of water. If there's a lot of brown particle, there's rust inside. That could be pretty bad news.

Don't plan on cranking it with the starter for a while. Get a socket on the main pulley and only rotate it by hand for now.

I have to run, but there's hope.

Also, I'll say it 3rd... Don't ever start an unknown history generator without grounding the chassis.

CDR

Well here's the update. Three straight days messing with it and I got it to start. Here what I had to do.

Machine had to compression do to leaky valves I loosened the valves till they had huge lash then cranked machine and fired it up. Ran it for five minutes till the crust in the valves burned off. Shut machine off tightened valves and you have to WAIT at least 10 mintunes for the hydraulic lifters bleed down before you crank it again. After that it ran!

So now I have a machine that runs! Still the start switch doesn't work. The fuel solenoid doesn't work the panel indicates a short and will only let it produce power for a brief period.

Question for you guys does the fuel solenoid turn on when you move master switch to the on position or when you crank like the 002-003??

I still have a boat load of problems but at least I have a tuning motor now...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395664360.357618.jpg

Ratch

Hey, just actually seeing the pic after pm'ing you. Did you have a load on the output lugs to get that 100% load on the meter?? If not, and after you saying it shocked you, you have a short somewhere. You can try switching the output switch to different positions and running the Gen to see if its only 100% in one position to help find it. Look for wires with the insulation rubbed through, etc.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Question for you guys does the fuel solenoid turn on when you move master switch to the on position or when you crank like the 002-003??
The solenoid only moves to run when you first crank it. Then it stays there until it is called on to shut it off. The solenoid is controlled bu the electronics that monitor the engine and generator, so the main switch may not be the problem

CDR

Interesting I'm thinking I have an issue with the electronics box I wonder how I can bypass it to check battle short switch won't help with this..

CDR

Hey, just actually seeing the pic after pm'ing you. Did you have a load on the output lugs to get that 100% load on the meter?? If not, and after you saying it shocked you, you have a short somewhere. You can try switching the output switch to different positions and running the Gen to see if its only 100% in one position to help find it. Look for wires with the insulation rubbed through, etc.
In between the posts I put almost 30 hours into the gen it's come a long way generator the generator will put 100% out which seems much less then the MEp 002 which is disappointing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks