• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a AC disengages when I release the switch

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We used to have a gen set, a 52300. It was a 45KW, 400 hertz set. They were older then dirt. Great sets. But the Army was getting rid of them. They had lots of problems, but it was always penny anti stuff. I only saw one engine destroy itself. And it had max help from a guy who simply went over the edge. he drained the oil, and jumped the LOP. Anyway, one of my sets had the serial number of 303. It was so old, the Lord learned on it. We got a TWIXT, (early e-mail) in 1974, to turn in all 52300 sets with over 10,000 hours. Old 303 was my baby. I loved that set. So I went out to a 3 KW, took out the TTM that read 350 hours, put it in 303 and never looked back. My CWO, just smiled and went the other way. We kept 303 until mid 1977. She had way over 20,000 hours by then. But the TTM read maybe 8,000. See the last sentence of the previous post! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Funny how that works. At one point in my life, I worked for a large computer company. Had a few pieces of hardware that were on the scrap list - and they were pretty important to our daily operations. We had literally hundreds of spare parts and no matter what those machines needed, our spares would keep them running.

Nothing else mattered except the serial number plate, so replacing those old numbers with new numbers kept them running for another 10 years. I carried the old plates attached to an antique PC / AT chassis - and everybody was happy.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far, I have not fallen off the roof. Been a few moments that I was feeling like free fall, but it was all my burned out brain. Oh, and one time the hand rail came unhooked on the third level of scaffolding. That took 2-3 years off my life.
Glad ur Ok, was wondering if you had fallen off the roof on your job. Was about to look at the obituaries in the Obermain Tagblatt……
Peter

Guyfang

Staff member
Its really a sad affair. I am retired, ( :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:) The guy helping me, is 62. I am 68. We climb all over the roof, sitting up the holders for the PE cell panels, running the wires and bolting the PE panels down. When we need muscle, my kids come over and tote and lift. One son is good on the roof, the other has some fear. But that's good. Fear keeps you from doing stupid. He is a cop, and that kind of work is not his thing. Got the panels mounted, cables run down to the Inverter and am working on the connections from inverter to the fuse box. Was dry today, Not bad. Bottom of the roof is only 9 meters, so its not too bad. And no wind! That's always good when mounting the panels. Only broke 5-6 tiles. Good day.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its really a sad affair. I am retired, ( :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:) The guy helping me, is 62. I am 68. We climb all over the roof, sitting up the holders for the PE cell panels, running the wires and bolting the PE panels down. When we need muscle, my kids come over and tote and lift. One son is good on the roof, the other has some fear. But that's good. Fear keeps you from doing stupid. He is a cop, and that kind of work is not his thing. Got the panels mounted, cables run down to the Inverter and am working on the connections from inverter to the fuse box. Was dry today, Not bad. Bottom of the roof is only 9 meters, so its not too bad. And no wind! That's always good when mounting the panels. Only broke 5-6 tiles. Good day.
Guy, I see you don’t read the Obermain Tagblatt, they don’t have any orbituaries, at least in their online publication.
Peter

Guyfang

Staff member
I read the OT every morning. And yes they do have Obit's. Go to the Wed. paper, look at page two. The article about the two stupid people in Coburg who called the cops because their Coke was no good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks