• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a batteries

hammick

I picked up my MEP-802a that I won at auction. It doesn't have any battery cables, battery trays or batteries. I jumped it with two batteries in series and it runs great. Very happy with my purchase.

From the maintenance records that came with it I believe it was trailer mounted with an external 24v battery. The records state it was used as a backup or emergency generator and was always stateside at the same base.

Since I have to install battery cables I am thinking of using the cheap Walmart lawn tractor batteries which are $20 each. Anyone used these batteries? I have one in a Honda generator with a GX240 engine and it starts it just fine. Thanks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-U1R-7-Lawn-Garden-Battery/16795214

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use those batteries to test generators. If its an easy starting set they will work fine. Buy a pair and $20 worth of battery cables and you'll be in business.

jamawieb

As long as you don't have extended cranking cycles. I actually melted the threaded post off a 650cca marine battery last week trying to purge the air out of the fuel lines on a 803a. I would also be worried if you are in very cold climate and trying to start it without the reserve capacity of a larger battery.

hammick

Put in the Wallyworld tractor batteries and it cranks and runs just fine. Need to find some plastic cases to fit these batteries

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks