• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a Battery Suggestions

warteetee

Having a hard time finding a suitable 24v battery for my new MEP-802a. Suggestions for a 24v that fits perfectly in the compartment? Also, just picked up a compressor for a flamethrower and would like to know the value and were to sell. Last question, best place to list a MK64 cradle for the MK19 40mm machine gun. Thanks in advance and sorry if I am asking the questions in the wrong section.

Thanks and anyone on the forum lucky enough to pick up one if the Humvees that went on sale last week-interested to know the condition.

Ratch

The 802 takes 2 12v batteries. One on each side of the engine, with a jumper between them. I normally use lawn tractor batteries for ease of handling. They can handle the load no problem.

I can't give you an idea on the compressor. I was looking at those, also. Opted against them, as I really need an electric shop compressor.

warteetee

I probably should have taken it off the trailer before I asked. I only can access the one side of the unit and saw just a spot for 1 battery. Like the fact that there are two and can hook up like I did for the Mep-002a. Thanks

warteetee

M-35, thanks for the information and wow, didn't know they could go for that and based on shipping I might have been a nice guy and hand delivered it to the land down under for you. I have been seeing that perhaps you can use these to fill scuba tanks-is that true?

warteetee

Where is the best place to find replacement parts for the men-802a? I am looking for a hatch handle/unit, coolant bottle, panel light bulbs and a few other small items. Thanks

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try looking at your recycling bin. I find that a lot of caps on bottles are interchangeable. You might just find that the cap on Resolve carpet cleaner fits...

I'm parting out an 802a/3a and have a couple of those spin handles if you need one.

tcruwithme

MEP-802a battery

Back to the battery question from the OP, even if it was a couple months ago. I just picked up two MEP-802a units I won off auction a week ago. I got two 12 volt 51R batteries from Fleet Farm for $80 each. They were 500 CCA and 6-year warranty. They fit perfectly on both sides. I also got two size NF22 12 volt batteries that were $52 each, 430 CCA, and 1-year warranty. They also fit perfectly on both sides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks