• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 802a filter #'s ??

dogkiller

thanks for all the help, now that I have #'s they cross to wix #
napa 1374 =wix 51374
baldwin bf1226 = wix 33472
baldwin pf847 = wix 33348
hope this helps others...
thanks again, d.

gavland

Great help, thanks. I just got one the mep802a myself yesterday and looked in all the TM's, i couldnt find oil filter numbers or any thing to do with the onan engine. My luck missing couple little parts like air filter cover and fuel shutoff bolts. :(

gavland

P.S. any 1 know what the batterys are, in TM numbers come up as a starter at napa. the MEP802a i got didnt have any batters in it or any of the ones i looked at when i picked my gen up.

bookpile

Does anyone know what the air filter number is? Hopefully it's the same as an MEP-002.

Also what is the fuel secondary filter baldwin pf 847 for? Is it only for the auxiliary fuel line?

BradBMI

Have a few Mep 802's with the old type fuel filter. Anyone find a good replacement base and filter combo for these units?

Thanks

londonhous

Re: MEP-802a filters

Wix 33348 also same as NAPA 3348 and Fram C11941 and comes with gasket. Also mounts in canister as shown in three pics below. I couldn't find any pics or illustrations in tech manuals. Hope this helps....I appreciate others posts, as being very helpful in getting my 802s and 701 running great :)
2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

Milhouse

MEP-802a filter list
Engine Oil 15W-40 Rotella “T” Triple Protection
Fuel filter/Water seperator (spin on) Baldwin BF1226/Wix 33472
Fuel filter stage 2– Canister cartridge Baldwin PF847/Wix 33348
Oil Filter Napa 1374\Wix 51374
Air Filter WIX 42276 / Baldwin PA1690FN
Batteries 12Vx2 Exide Classic 51C

JR2980

Wix 33348 also same as NAPA 3348 and Fram C11941 and comes with gasket. Also mounts in canister as shown in three pics below. I couldn't find any pics or illustrations in tech manuals. Hope this helps....I appreciate others posts, as being very helpful in getting my 802s and 701 running great

View attachment 488168View attachment 488169View attachment 488167

I gotta ask - how do you keep this filter from leaking? No matter what I do, I always have a leak from the canister. That stupid little o-ring that comes with the filter is almost impossible to get seated correctly, and even when I finally get it and it seems to seat right, I still end up with a leak during operation. Its driving me nuts (and leaving fuel all over the engine compartment).

Milhouse

sounds like the gasket is still not seated right, or the base is dirty. clean the track well in the base, make sure the filter housing is also clean and free from nicks or burrs, if it is not flat it will also do this, you can check by placing it face down on a perfectly flat surface. I use petrolium jelly on the gasket, this allows you to stick it up into the track it needs to be in, then install the canister, before tightening the canister just bring it up snug, then rotate and wiggle it a little, you will feel it seat into the track, sometimes these canisters are warped slightly and you can get a false "tighten" and just have to make sure it is fully seated on the gasket before tightening all the way.

JR2980

sounds like the gasket is still not seated right, or the base is dirty. clean the track well in the base, make sure the filter housing is also clean and free from nicks or burrs, if it is not flat it will also do this, you can check by placing it face down on a perfectly flat surface. I use petrolium jelly on the gasket, this allows you to stick it up into the track it needs to be in, then install the canister, before tightening the canister just bring it up snug, then rotate and wiggle it a little, you will feel it seat into the track, sometimes these canisters are warped slightly and you can get a false "tighten" and just have to make sure it is fully seated on the gasket before tightening all the way.

I like the petroleum jelly idea - feeling kinda dumb that I didn't think of it! I'll have to add a small container to the gen-kit.

Thanks!
JR

Last edited:

dstang97

Anyone have a o-ring number for the fuel canister? (Secondary) wix/ Baldwin

can anyone confirm it's wix 15405?

Last edited:

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good for door seals on vehicles that whistle or minor water leaks, A mechanic taught me that one.

uniquify

Anyone have a o-ring number for the fuel canister? (Secondary) wix/ Baldwin

can anyone confirm it's wix 15405?
Wix 33348 canister cartridge comes with the top large diameter o-ring.

The pair of small rubber washers/gaskets that go around the bolt are Wix 15398. RockAuto has those pretty reasonable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks