• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a first connection to the house, report

ribs1

Hello,
I just thought I would post a report. I bought my unit about a year ago and many of you helped me with this thing so I thought I would post a report about how it's working for me. Here are the parameters
1. My house is 2500 square feet
2. I have natural gas running my stove, furnace, dryer and water heater
3. Most of my lights are LED

This is most of what I have on the transfer switch.
1. 3 ton carrier AC with scroll compressor and hard start kit (hard start kit makes a big difference)
2. 2 refrigerators. One old and one new. One chest freezer
3. Well pump
4. Furnace/AC fan
5. Smaller items include lights, water softener etc.

I hired an electrician to install a 10 breaker Reliance transfer switch that works great.
With everything on at once the generator was running at 60% load most of the time. When I turned off the AC it went down to around 10% load.

Just thought I would post my info for anyone interested

ribs1

Hello,
Maybe I can get some pictures tomorrow.
Basically, the generator will sit next to my barn about 80' from the house. I have a power inlet there. I put the wires in conduit underground to the house and into the reliance transfer switch. I used 6 awg wire. I am also very please with that switch btw.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I used an interlock kit for my house recently to hook up an 802A if ever needed. Everything is electric at my place, so I can't run everything at once. Sounds like you sized real well!

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Did the 802 start your 3ton? Wouldnt do mine with no hard start kit
I have a Trane 4 ton unit. It takes about 70% of the load running in Cooling mode. Enough for me to leave the smaller stuff on like the fridge along with the booster pump. I have an isolation switch for the well pump so it won't all come on at once. I just shut the HVAC off the run the well. We have a large water storage tank & last a few days before the well needs to run under normal usage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks