• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-802a fuel level sender float

Ray70

I haven't done an 803 in a while, but the last one I did I used a piece of 1/4" thick rigid plastic for the spacer ring.
I made it just slightly bigger than the diameter of the float and rather than a circle it was more of an oblong triangle ( helps get it through the opening of the tank easier.
Drilled a hole in the center that was a tight fit around the knob on the bottom of the sender and epoxied the spacer to the SS sender with JB Quick weld ( yellow and black tubes )
Be sure to orient the "Triangle" so that one of the points is facing 6:00 when looking at the top of the sender with the wires at 3:00.
Make your plastic a triangle, an oval, whatever.... it's diameter needs to be about the same size or even slightly bigger than the hole in the tank, so make it easy on yourself to install it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks