• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Fuel System issue.

kayak1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 907294

Do I need to worry about dragging the rotor on the stator?

Should I get an engine hoist to help lift the stator as I drag it forward?

Yes, you need to be careful about that.
You have removed the vibration dampers on the Main gen?
You have removed or relocated everything that might hang up the main gen when you slide it out?
You have supported the engine so its going to stay level with the stator, when you pull out the main gen?
Yes, an engine hoist is a good idea. Be sure to have help with you.
When you say vibration dampers, if you are talking about removing the bolts from the vibration-damping feet, that's been done. If this is something else, I may have missed that step.

As for: "You have removed or relocated everything that might hang up the main gen when you slide it out?"
I plan on removing the plug and a little more sheet metal in the very front.

I already have wood blocking supporting the engine to keep it at the current level.

I will see if I can get some help, this is likely a single-person project, my wife would rather not be involved.

kayak1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update as of tonight.
The radiator and stator have been moved over to the tan MEP-802a
I have poured a concrete pad for the generator. I may have used an excessive amount of rebar 70'.
The generator has been dragged onto the pad.
The wiring has been hooked back up.
I have added sound deadening to most of the panels.
I have all the panels back on with all the screws in place.
I have it hooked to an auxiliary fuel tank.

The generator is working!
The two-wire start is working!

I now need to figure out vibration isolation pads or springs and then attach the generator to the pad. Suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for all of the help!

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now need to figure out vibration isolation pads or springs and then attach the generator to the pad. Suggestions would be welcome.
Mine vibrated like crazy when I had it on the trailer. Decided to start simple, found some urethane pads from Energy Suspension, 9.9533G... just throwing one under each bolt I'd guess knocked down about 75% of the vibration. If you wanted to get a little fancier, they come in a pack of 8, you could probably trim a side on the other 4 & sandwich the skid, and isolate it pretty well.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some bolt down vibration dampening corner pads (think they were from an AC unit originally) that someone had mounted onto an 802 that I acquired last year... I might still have all 4 in my garage if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks