• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a fuel/water separator replacement: stuck

rcamacho

Ok, I’m servicing all filters but am stymied on the water separator. HD strap and band style tools are just crushing the housing with no relief. I niw have the top and side panel removed so I have clear access to the filter mount laterally. Any suggestions on next steps/tools to get the filter off without breaking the base mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah get that puppy at the uppermost lip of the filter, and give it hell. You are already ahead of the game with the side panels off. There is nothing easy past brute force to get it to go.

Remember to oil the seal on the new one, and install hand tight. One of the worst things on these sets...

smokem joe

I've had good luck with the side panel off and the channel lock type filter pliers gripping up high on the filter. It will smash it, but I've not failed to get one off yet

Zman498

struggled with the same problem i just took the whole thing off the generator and locked the filter on are table vice in are shop. Got i think some pliers or a rod and screwed the bastard right off. I've seen one guy ripe one of those up ridiculously bad

rcamacho

Finally was able to remove the filter with an OTC 15” strap wrench and an unbelievable amount of force. I doubt the filter was ever changed in it’s service life.

Amazing difference, the engine starts nearly instantly in 40degree weather without using the preheater glow plugs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks