• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802A injection pump

dkozma

Evening All,

This post follows up on a crank but no start issue that I posted about a month ago.
Followed the TM troubleshooting guide. Found that fuel was flowing but not under pressure.
Started reading posts specific to the injector pumps.
Pulled one injector. Was frozen. Able to free it up without disassembly. Great, right?
Except that when I removed the said injector, a small spring with a slotted plug came out with it,
at least it was laying next to the pump opening. Glad it didn't fall in. Can't find it in any diagram.
Don't want to pull the other pump until this one is back in. Am attaching a photo. It's to the left of the pump.
The bolt with the yellow dot is for holding the steel fuel line in place. (Had to remove it to move the
line over.) Any help on re-assembly? The small spring has me baffled.

Note: photo coming, have to re format image

Attachments

Last edited:

jamawieb

Just FYI do not remove both pumps at the same time! Its almost impossible to get them back into the rack when both are removed at the same time.

The small spring is the delivery valve spring that goes inside the pump under where the hard injector line goes (the cap to the far right in your picture). If you remove anymore pumps, you shouldn't remove the top of the pump where the hard line attaches until its out. That way, it will come out as a whole and then you can take it apart. Take your time when putting it back in because it has to fit into the rack correctly or it won't run right.

Bmxenbrett

Theres really not a whole lot to those pumps. It might be worth trying to free up if your just going to replace it anyway. No fuel through the pump could mean that the fuel rack hasnt moved also. Stick your finger in the IP hole and try it.

dkozma

Sorry, did not mean actual replacement. The pump IS quite simple, and with only 14 hours on the genny, I believe that things should go well here. Pump is free moving now. Give me a day or two and I'll let you know if it is up and running.

dkozma

Update: One un-frozen injection pump later, started right up. Only 42 hours on the meter. Just going to replace the well nut and do a load test.
Next up: MEP 803a with 200 hours.

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those injector pumps tend to seize up on low hour generators. I suspect that after a few hundred hours they wear just enough to keep from seizing.

bosko

I just had the same experience with a 803 with 500hours on the meter. It would crank and crank but would not
Fire up. I pulled Injection pump #1 closest to fan. After fiddling with it I realized the arm was frozen.
i took a small tool and tapped the arm over back and forth a few time until I could move it easily by hand. I put it
back in and it fired right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks