• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a leaking fuel intermittently can't find source. Help

novaman

Im doing load tests on my new gen. Runs great even starts my 3 ton ac. I can load it up with heat guns and heating elements up to 7500 watts continuously but every 45 mins or so I see a puff of smoke come out of the rad air ouet on top. I open the side door and it looks like from the throttle cables down is doust in fuel but no where is still leaking even while still running. I hose it all off let it dry all still while under load. It drys then 45 mins later same thing. Can't find where its coming from. Fuel filters are dry as a bone. hoses are tight. Except the fuel drain hose going into the tank it swivels. Not sure if that's normal but if that's what's leaking why doesn't it leak all the time

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
After running your unit a while, shut the system down, and take some paper towels and rub along the fuel return lines. Your braided fuel return lines are probably the culprit. Er, I use off-road red dyed diesel, so I can see the red very easily on the paper towel.
good luck.

novaman

I'll check that tomorrow for sure. Is there a quick fix for that like just rubber fuel hose and a few hose clamps? why would it do it intermittently tho? I was ramping up and down on the load with my adjustable heat gun. is it because when it cycles rpm it varies the return pressure to the point of pressure spray?

novaman

Thanks daybreak i pulled that old line off today and replaced with fuel rated 4.8mm rubber line. its not as tight as the original but nothing a few hose clamps didn't fix. Thanks again. I had read a forum about the return line and a lot of people seamed to have difficulties finding line so it could be used with biodiesel and was 3.5 mm. I'm never going to use bio diesel and I tried pulling it off once installed with clamps seems to be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks