• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802A Load Issue

Guyfang

Staff member
I will most likely build a dryer heater element tester soon to run it more continuously with a full load. I did remember I had a 1500W garage heater so used that for a bit. I was able to get it up 75% with the oven on 350. I didn't do anything major to the engine, just replaced injectors and return line, along with filters. I probably will add a fuel pressure gauge to see if the pump is having issues.

How much vibration would you expect to see from the 2cyl? I noticed the engine does vibrate (obviously) but its not jumping all over the place. I also only have two on the engine feet, the side towards the radiator. Then two on the gen housing.
The engine only has two rubber baby buggy bumpers, and the main AC also. That's it. If they have cracks deeper then a few millimeters, you need to once a year watch them, if you don't put a lot of hours on them. Take some silicone grease and rub them once a year. Keeps them softer, and they don't crack so much.

i have probably told this story before. I once got a set back from down range. Three of the four baby buggy bumpers had compleatly failed. As in, upper and lower parts were NOT connected in any fashion. The forth was on its way. The centrifugal force of the operatoing engine, made the rear of the engine/main generator, swing to the right, inside the inclosure. About 10-15 centimeters. It pinched the right side battery between the engine, and the inclosure. Viberated through the side of the battery, and shorted out the battery against the engine. There was significant losses of material on both sides. The solders told me it ran just great until the end. They saw the problem, but didn't have a back up ready. So just let it run. Didn't help the fan, fan guard nor radiator much either.

Also make sure sure the big washers are on the top and bottom of the rubber bushing. They often are lost or forgotten. If you are not sure of what goes there, look it up in the book.