• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Need Help with fuel leak

Billy2642

So I have a few of the mep-802a gensets and on every one of them I've had to replace the braided low pressure return line. No problem. On one of them though I have this rubber boot with a hole in it squirting fuel. What is this piece called? Also, do I have to buy the metal caps and hardline as one piece or is there a way to replace just the rubber hose?IMG_0493.jpg Any help is greatly appreciated

lindsey97

That is your fuel supply line to each of your fuel metering pumps. The small skinny line that comes from your injectors down to the fuel "rail" is the return line, for unused fuel from the injectors.

Billy2642

That is your fuel supply line to each of your fuel metering pumps. The small skinny line that comes from your injectors down to the fuel "rail" is the return line, for unused fuel from the injectors.

So can I trim that silver cap off to replace the rubber line going to the pump and clamp it or do I need a whole new hard line with the rubber hose going to the pump?

Guyfang

Staff member
You could do that, yes. But you need to replace it with something similar. The reason its built the way it is, is to prevent it from ever coming loose. A hose clamp can sometimes do that.

Have you tried to find an original part? Tm 9-2815-252-24P, Figure 4, Page 4-1, Item 11, Part number 186-6159, NSN: 4710-01-360-6304. Original price: $105.00. It is considered by the military to be a non repairable part. Part manufacturer is Onan. I also plugged in the NSN into my browser, and found several places that might stock it.

Another alternative would be to find a GOOD diesel shop, or some other shop that could fabricate the whole thing for you. At the end of the day, a little asking around could save you some money.

And like TNRiverjet said, posting in Auxiliary Equipment would get you better visibility. Perhaps a member has an engine they want to part out, and will sell you a like part cheaper then a new one.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

msk182

Great thanks! After looking closer at it last night, that was my thinking too but I wanted to see if that worked for anyone else. Theres a hose clamp on the bottom so I figured why not on top too. I just wasnt exactly sure what the steel line was like at the top - there was still room to maybe sleeve the hose where the hole is, so that was my second option. Ill cut the crimped metal end and replace the line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks