• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802a No Fuel Indicator

Ray70

Yes, a somewhat common problem. There's several threads discussing this on this forum.
Usually comes down to either the lower float of the dual float switch in the tank or an issue with the float module mounted inside the tank area on the right, small metal box bolted to the right side.
Check through the fuel filler and make sure the lower float is moving freely and not stuck or rubbing against the side of the tank.
If its free and floating, next thing is to use a DMM to check if the float switch is operating correctly. if it is, lastly check the float module.
If it's touching the side of the tank, the Z-shaped arm can easily be rotated away from the side wall of the tank.
If I recall correctly, unplugging the white rectangular connector on the back of the fault indicator will allow you to run in an emergency.... without any safety's working.

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at the "bad" one. Sometimes you find a wire loose or broken. The float has three magnets in it to open and close the contacts in the tube. I have often found that the float was stuck, not travel on the tube. Or, due to JP8 usage, the floats had been turned to dust, or that the magnets fell out. Before you toss the float, at least test it. If the floats are not damaged, and its only the contacts, safe the floats. I have made one out of two float switches, several times.

MrShawn305

I'm about to do this SAME repair today lol.

Look at the "bad" one. Sometimes you find a wire loose or broken. The float has three magnets in it to open and close the contacts in the tube. I have often found that the float was stuck, not travel on the tube. Or, due to JP8 usage, the floats had been turned to dust, or that the magnets fell out. Before you toss the float, at least test it. If the floats are not damaged, and its only the contacts, safe the floats. I have made one out of two float switches, several times.
Excellent idea! I'll save mine and do a failure analysis on it. Save it if I can

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not the most robust part, but thankfully still readily available when needed.

Knuckles

I checked out my “bad” duel float and indeed it’s not bad. I just picked up another 802a last week and it had the same issue. Both are tier 2 resets that never saw use. Both sitting at 2.2 hours which was what they were at after the reset. This time I took off the panel and loosened the nut on the float. I took a very technical approach and shook the crap out it - up and down and side to side. I reset the depth as close as I could to the TM recommendation and fired it up. Problem solved. Not sure if it was rubbing on the side of the tank or something like that, but it’s fine now. An easy 15 minute fix that cost nothing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks