• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a no fuel light shutdown at 1/4 tank

hammick

My MEP-802a shuts down at 1/4 tank on the fuel gauge. I know how to adjust the "no fuel" float having done it on a different 802a that was shutting down with over 1/2 tank.

The manual doesn't mention when it should be shutting down. I know the float bar should be 1/16th of an inch from the bottom of the tank.

I don't want to dismantle my side cover if 1/4 tank is normal for the shutdown. To be clear mine is shutting down and showing the "no fuel" fault light.

Thanks.

Last edited:

hammick

Thanks. I figured 1/4 was way too soon. Looks like the panel is coming off. Anyone have good tips for re-installing the screw at 12:00 above the fuel cap?

hammick

I do not follow what you mean about the screw. Can you make it easier for this poor old man? Pictures help also.
My genset is many miles away so can't take a photo but I am talking about the screws to remove the fuel filler. The top screw has no access to the nut behind it.

Thinking about it further though I don't think I will have to remove the fuel filler to get the side panel off and adjust the float.

Guyfang

Staff member
No, you do not have to remove the fuel filler, to remove the front, fuel tank access panel. There are about 10 million screws, but that's what the good lord made cordless drills for.

Any screw you need to remove on the set that you can not see the nut on, has a captive nut behind it.

You beat me too it Mike!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks