• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-802a no start from main start switch

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotcha...
Seems odd you have +24 on both leads of CR1 but don't get 24 volts to diagnostic connector pin T when you have it the dead crank in the Crank position.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume you got the 4 volts with the dead crank in the Crank position - right?

If so go back to CR1 and measure each lead on it when you put the dead crank switch into the CRANK position and let me know the readings.

customload

Dead crank switch in the center, 24.5 left side cr1 and 24.9 on the right
Dead crank down to run position, 23.8 on left side 24.6 on the right
Dead crank in the up position to crank, 23.9 on the left, and 24.7 on the right.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In you first post you indicated you replaced the crank relay. Was it the one that looks like al old fashioned car starter relay? Round can mounted on it's side with two large posts and 2 small posts?

Guyfang

Staff member
Download the TM's. They are here in the TM section. All the TM's you need to fix this problem. Start with the troubleshooting diagram. First troubleshooting problem is "SET FAILS TO CRANK". I guarantee you, if you use the books and take your time, you will find the problem. Had you used the troubleshoting diagram, you would know what the voltages mean, that you listed in message #30, and would not have to ask someone else.

Lawman21

I have 2 Mep 802's both fail to start at the the switch. Dead crank turns over on both relays work but fail to start any quick fix need to use these soon. Yes dis look at the TM downloaded and printed and spiral blind them.for easy reference

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks