• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a no start.

Lawman21

I have 2 Mep-802a's with no start issues. Batteries relays fuses and emergency stop is out. Dead crank cranks over fluids are new and topped off. Aux prime fuel pump works. Just when switch is turned to start it just clicks..looked at TM and still no luck.

Thanks for any imput.

Eric

robertsears1

That sounds like my 804A when I first got it. My clicking sound was coming from the starting solenoid. I would tap and wiggle on it and eventually, it started. You could also have some corrosion somewhere and not enough juice is getting to the right spot. Know where your hand is when poking around behind panels. The main switch could also be dirty. Spray it with WD40 and exercise it well with the battery disconnected.

Robert

Lawman21

That sounds like my 804A when I first got it. My clicking sound was coming from the starting solenoid. I would tap and wiggle on it and eventually, it started. You could also have some corrosion somewhere and not enough juice is getting to the right spot. Know where your hand is when poking around behind panels. The main switch could also be dirty. Spray it with WD40 and exercise it well with the battery disconnected.

Robert
My clicking seems to be coming from the relays. I can see the relays moving.

Bmxenbrett

The color coded electrical diagram helped me alot when mine wouldnt start. Mide didnt do anything. I had 5v at the master switch when it was in prime/run. Turns out a diode on the board in the back left was burnt. Since you have clicking you have some power. A voltmeter/diagram will really help you here

jamawieb

When looking at the switch with the access door down. Number 3 should be on the left towards the bottom and 7 is on the right towards the top of the switch.

Bmxenbrett

The terminals on the back of the switch is labeled on the actual switch. You had 28v with the fuel pump on?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks