• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A: Onan DN2W, not DN2M engine?

RClark13

20240226_140011.jpgI have an MEP-802A with an Onan DN2W engine.
Can anyone tell me if the W is a model change?
Having trouble locating lower radiator hose for this, I've tried a few vendors and they are either completely wrong, or, correct shape, but 1" ends, mine uses 1-1/4" on both ends.
All of the listings I have found, including tech manuals, list the Onan DN2M

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here you go.

If you want to contact the seller, @Light in the Dark , and since your new, you will need to go through an Administrator.

Good luck,
Tom.

Last edited:

RClark13

Thanks Kurt, I'm trying to contact them, being new here, I am awaiting admin to facilitate the conversation.
also fishing for info on the DN2W vs DN2M, not sure if there are any differences.
I have ordered hoses from a few vendors, all claiming there is only one style, yet none fit my lower, so not sure why I seem to have the only MEP802 with 1.25" lower hose???

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe there is any such thing as a DN2W someone at Onan must have been standing on their head when they set up the stamping machine the day that tag was stamped!
The casting on the block in the photo is curious too. I am sure they had more than one mold they used for this block. A little birdie told me that this 'fiercely British' company was having the Alpha blocks cast in the Far East... would make sense, as they recently were sold off to a Chinese engine manufacturer (though the Alphas and a single air cooled design, are still being produced under license in the UK).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks