• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a preheat testing

rcamacho

I’m looking for test procedures or diagnostics to validate that the preheater circuit and plugs are working. I did not see this in the technical manual. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgcarma

Ok thanks
Hi guyfang,
While I appreciate you wanting me to “read the Fing manual”, if you look at the thread, the guy referenced an obscure TM, which is not in the list of TM’s for this generator in the SS TM folder for this particular generator. I will continue to hunt for this RM in the manuals section.
but I thank you for your minimally helpful reply.
Thanks
Kevin

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guyfang,
While I appreciate you wanting me to “read the Fing manual”, if you look at the thread, the guy referenced an obscure TM, which is not in the list of TM’s for this generator in the SS TM folder for this particular generator. I will continue to hunt for this RM in the manuals section.
Thanks
Kevin
That manual can be found in the correct thread in the TM forum that was called out:

Direct link to the manual from that posting is here: https://steelsoldiers.com/attachments/5kw-mep802-tqg-eng9-2815-252-24-pdf.601965/

Guyfang

Staff member
Hi guyfang,
Thanks
Kevin
Maybe I am just slow tonight. TM 9-2815-252-24 is the TM requested. Its in the SS TM forum. Whats the problem?

You wrote:
the guy referenced an obscure TM, which is not in the list of TM’s for this generator in the SS TM folder for this particular generator.

Its not obscure, and unless someone removed it, should still there.
The intent was to get you to try and find it yourself, there by learning how to look for it. And if you could not find it, I would been more then ready to help.

Mgcarma

Maybe I am just slow tonight. TM 9-2815-252-24 is the TM requested. Its in the SS TM forum. Whats the problem?

You wrote:
the guy referenced an obscure TM, which is not in the list of TM’s for this generator in the SS TM folder for this particular generator.

The intent was to get you to try and find it yourself, there by learning how to look for it. And if you could not find it, I would been more then ready to help.
not to be rude, I di

You wrote:

yes, I looked in the mep-016 manual list in the TM file and it was not there, so then I looked through all
Of the TM files until I back tracked through the 802 manuals and finally found it.

Ray70

not to be rude, I di

yes, I looked in the mep-016 manual list in the TM file and it was not there, so then I looked through all
Of the TM files until I back tracked through the 802 manuals and finally found it.
Ok, so what am I missing here??? You are looking at a thread about an MEP-802 preheater test and then picking at Guy's response, saying that the referenced 802 TM isn't listed in the MEP-016 TM section??? Of course it's not, but luckily it's right where it should be!

Mgcarma

Ok, so what am I missing here??? You are looking at a thread about an MEP-802 preheater test and then picking at Guy's response, saying that the referenced 802 TM isn't listed in the MEP-016 TM section??? Of course it's not, but luckily it's right where it should be!
It’s quite easy, the thread I was reading referenced “a TM” he found. I has no idea it was an 802 TM, because the title of it gave the uneducated reader (me) any inkling as to what model it came from.
I’m so sorry to have asked for a link. I’ll just keep to myself and stop bothering you

Ray70

It's not a problem to ask for help, we're all here to assist anyone we can. It sounds like maybe it's just a matter of becoming familiar with how the forum works.
Every machine / model is different, so you have to keep an eye on the title of the post you are replying to to know which series machine that particular post is talking about. What ever happened, its behind us now, so lets move on with your MEP-016B generator problem in your other post!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s quite easy, the thread I was reading referenced “a TM” he found. I has no idea it was an 802 TM, because the title of it gave the uneducated reader (me) any inkling as to what model it came from.
I’m so sorry to have asked for a link. I’ll just keep to myself and stop bothering you
Howdy,
OK, you are unknowing and all.
Start here in this sticky thread.
(1) MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts | SteelSoldiers
The second post has quick links to stuff you want to know.
The third post has the links to all the TM's which cover the MEP-802A and MEP-803A

Oh, by the way. This whole thread is about the MEP-802A preheat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks