• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a, premature overload fault trip.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got another non-runner going again. I bought this one as a parts pile for my main unit, but I got the engine going and thought with some repairs, this unit could be a completed runner. It's been a struggle with missing and broken bits, but today I was able to throw a load on this unit and it was able to pull 6000 watts without issue. However anything above 3500 watts and within a few minutes, the overload fault trips and opens the main contactor.

I'm been through the TM and it just says if the overload module doesn't test as expected, replace it. Okay great, but this one functions, but incorrectly. Does anyone have suggestions of other things I should check or measure before writing off the fault module?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks