• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a Runs on one cylinder for a few minutes

Milhouse

I am trying to figure out an issue with an MEP-802a gen set, it is hard to start after sitting for a few days, then it starts blowing a little black smoke and running low speed, sounds like its running on one cylinder, after 3-4 minutes it will suddenly roll up to normal running speed and run perfect, no smoke, no sputter etc. it will restart fine, even the next day, but if sitting for a few days, or it seems if we move it, the one cylinder thing happens. Any thoughts? Stuck injector? Fuel pump issue maybe? would like to know if anyone else had this issue so I know what to try first.

cuad4u

First thing I would do is invest around $25 and have Storeman check and calibrate your injectors. I had exactly the same thing on a 002A. After the injectors were done the 002A starts right up and runs great. If that does not solve your problem I guess the IP is next. Lets hope not.

Milhouse

oil pressure normal, between 40-60 on the gauge, once it finally kicked in the second cylinder it ran smooth with no smoke, however if a heavy load was applied (5KW) it stalled out, then ran on one cylinder again for a few minutes.

dangier

Sounds like you are not getting the correct supply/spray pattern. I would want to be sure the injectors are correct then troubleshoot your fuel supply if needed. Money well spent. Storeman has done 10 injectors on my 002's and 003's for me so far and they are all starting and running perfectly.
Did I say Storeman can check them for you....... I think.
David

Jerry-do you have the adapters for the 802 injectors?

Milhouse

I have several of these units, first time one has done this, I'm going to pull injectors out of a newer one and drop them in to see if that cures it, after that I'll swap injector pumps... I'll post results...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks