• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Starter problem?

rcamacho

It may move freely because it is not moving the pump levers at it should. They may have "missed" the hole when installing. Have seen this the other way where the pumps "missed" the hole but were way beyond full throttle and you'd go to start it & it would scream until it died out of fuel in 20-30 seconds or so.

Inspect your injection pumps by removing them completely and going through the process of installing them as the TM says too. It will take an extra 5 minuets to check the rail inside with a light and mirror to be sure it is okay.

Then, once they are installed, try to start it for a while and look for fuel coming out of the top of the pumps before putting the lines back on to the injectors. This will purge your air out of the pumps as well.

Really sounds like your injection pumps are not installed properly and simply are not delivering fuel because of it. But, just reading and not being there isn't the whole story either. :)
Set ran great for several years. I purchased in WA from GP. Only major work was replacing well nuts, filters and charging the batteries.

Fast forward I had a fuel issue a few years ago during the winter that cleared up after replacing the water separator.

This summer had a few hard starts. Should have dove into PMCS then when it was warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray70

With regards to the fuel rail again, moving it from the throttle and / or fuel shut off lever won't tell you much of anything because the levers attach to the rack via springs, so they will always move, regardless of if the rack itself is moving.
With lots of experience you can "Feel" the slight difference in lever motion when a rack is frozen, but only with a lot of experience and the solenoid disconnected.

Guyfang

Staff member
Mostly, when the L5, (fuel Cut Off Solenoid) cuts off, as soon as the S1 turns the engine over, its loosing 24VDC. Go to K16, pin #7. Measure from pin #7 to ground. Start the set. If the voltage drops off, 16 is telling the L5 to shut down. Find out why K16 is doing that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks