• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a water pump question

Xlandscaper

Does anyone know how to stop the engine/water pump pulley from rotating while tightening up the water pump/fan main bolt? I mean I can do it with a pipe wrench but that would obviously leave marks and possibly damage a new water pump, there has to be a way to keep the pulley from turning? Anyone have an idea?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a pair of vice grips with an old belt. Put the belt around the pulley and pinch it together with the vice grips. It will take a couple of tries to get the hang of it. Then you hold the vice grips and snug up the pulley bolts. They don't need to be super tight.

Guyfang

Staff member
Indeed, you do not need it Man Mountain Dean tight. The direction of travel for the water pump insures that it should not loosen itself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks