• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803 & 802

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the NSN and part numbers for the thermostat on these units. does anybody know the heat range that they are? Is are they consistent or are there variations.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should open at 180F. With that said, as they rely on tempered metals to move, there can be some variation. Are you experiencing an issue with a machine?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhat , but I see some machines that are running at the 180 by temp gauge on the panel other machines are up looking at 200 on that gauge.
I seen some on a heavy load bank condition getting down to the 25PSI on the gauge not official. but and then others reading 180, so that was my concern on variation, I'll probably go and put a manual gauge on it to confirm but I know the hotter they run the less pressure they'll have.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had to use nonstandard coolant temp gauges that aren't matched perfectly with the OEM sender... they will read about 200, when I know the system is actually running at 180.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently did an MEP OO7B
The sending unit was messed up I replaced the sending unit and it read about 195 on the gauge. I shot it with a laser at that point it read about 140.
I shot the side of the block it read 200.
The cat 3306 though makes excellent pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks