• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803 and Noco G7200

CT-Mike

So my G7200 done got blowed up during a recent electrical storm, but thankfully the generator suffered no harm at all. So replaced to G7200, got the batteries back in fighting shape, and started the unit for an unloaded test run to dry out the windings, circulate oil, etc. I typically leave the G7200 connected up all the time as a battery tender. But it got me to thinking, is there any issue leaving the charger connected to the battery bank while running the generator?

I just want to make sure I don't have to buy another Noco anytime soon.

Thanks,

Mike

Chainbreaker

...But it got me to thinking, is there any issue leaving the charger connected to the battery bank while running the generator?

I just want to make sure I don't have to buy another Noco anytime soon.

Thanks,

Mike
I would suggest asking this question at the mfg's support web site and then report back here what the answer is.

https://no.co/support

CT-Mike

Here is the reply from Noco:

"Dan Brown replied:
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting NOCO support. You can leave the charger connected to the generator as long as AC power is removed from the charger prior to ignition on the generator.

Sincerely,

Dan Brown | Support Agent
The NOCO Company

Copyright © 2016 The NOCO Company. All Rights Reserved.

[HR][/HR]How satisfied were you with your support experience today?
|

[HR][/HR]FEB 26, 2017 | 07:40PM EST
Original message

Topic:General Question

I am using a Genius G7200 as a battery charger/tender for my generator. The batteries are two Optima Red Tops connected in series to provide 24 VDC. Can I leave the charger connected to the batteries when running the generator for monthly exercise, or should it be disconnected prior to starting the generator?

Thank you."

CT-Mike

Hi Mike, Thanks. I can't seem to open the attachment though.
If you are talking about those links, those were just a couple of gif's asking me to rate my support experience. Bottom, unplug the charger prior to starting the generator.

Chainbreaker

Here is the reply from Noco:

You can leave the charger connected to the generator as long as AC power is removed from the charger prior to ignition on the generator.
That's good and what I expected NOCO's response to be. I have two 12v Battery Minders, I connect one to each battery because I originally had two, which just happens to facilitate independent monitoring, charging, desulfation phase and any fault notifications per battery. They always remain connected via SAE ring terminal harness. However, I ALWAYS turn off the power strip they are connected to before starting generator. It's on my pre-start checklist so I don't forget.