• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803 Aux Fuel Circuit

StVeronus

Trying to get my generator to run off of my auxiliary fuel drum. After the unit is running, I switch it to Prime & Run Aux Fuel but the pump doesn't turn on. So I removed the tank cover metal to expose the Aux pump. I unplugged the power connector and put my DMM on there, but it showed no voltage. Does anyone know where on the circuit panel I should probe next to see if power is going to the unit from there? I don't mind running my own wires to jump it if I can figure out where the aux pump connects at. I would just put it on a 24v source, but it needs to shut off when the tank gets full. I guess I can test by jumping power to it to make sure it turns on. Thanks guys.

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the fuel level on tank? Is it full. The MEP-803a if not all MEP's runs off the the day tank. The AUX fuel system maintains the fuel level on the day tank. The fuel level float switch shuts off the auxiliary fuel pump when the generator fuel tank is full and reactivates the pump as the level drops. I highly recommend that you download the TM for your set and read it cover to cover. The TM are on the forum in the TM section.

Attachments

Haoleb

If you would like to test the aux system take the fuel cap off the tank and pull out the metal strainer tube. Inside the tank to the right is the float switch assembly. You can reach in there and manually move the top float switch up and down to turn the pump on and off.

When I did this I unplugged the main fuel pump so that the only noise I would hear is the aux pump coming on.

StVeronus

Thanks for the input guys. I removed the cover and can feel the pump turn on. So I pulled the filter and it wasn't clogged or dirty. I'm guessing it isn't pulling enough out of the drum to fill the tank. I will try putting some fuel in a smaller container that I can see if/how much is getting pulled.

I'll update with the findings.

jamawieb

Thanks for the input guys. I removed the cover and can feel the pump turn on. So I pulled the filter and it wasn't clogged or dirty. I'm guessing it isn't pulling enough out of the drum to fill the tank. I will try putting some fuel in a smaller container that I can see if/how much is getting pulled.

I'll update with the findings.
The TM says you should get a minimum of 32ozs with the pump running for 1 minute.

gstboy69

Whats the fuel level on tank? Is it full. The MEP-803a if not all MEP's runs off the the day tank. The AUX fuel system maintains the fuel level on the day tank. The fuel level float switch shuts off the auxiliary fuel pump when the generator fuel tank is full and reactivates the pump as the level drops. I highly recommend that you download the TM for your set and read it cover to cover. The TM are on the forum in the TM section.
Thanks for the information. I THINK Thats the reason of my mep 803a don't start with the Aux tank,I remove all the diesel from the daily tank and the fuel lights always on and don't start. Tomorrow I fill the tank a half crossing my fingers she started. I have auto started board with ATS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks