• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't. Overload can be phantom (ie corrosion) or physical (burden resistors, overload relay, etc). The phantom can only be cleared with a generous dousing of all contacts in S8 with something like deoxit d5, and physical movement between the phases with the switch until your elbow wants to fall off (only while off).

The burden resistors are on the plate to the back left wall behind the gauges. The overload relay has testing parameters in the TM (ARMY TM 9-8115-842-24 starting PDF Page 102).

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loads and Overloads are sensed by the current transformer (CT). The CTs output current is sent to the burden resistors on the back wall. The burden resistors develop a voltage across them proportional the the load. The voltages across the burden resistors is monitored by the Overload relay box. If any of the voltages to it get too high for too long it sends a signal to the Fault Monitor to illuminate the OL lamp. The Overload relay also opens a relay inside of it connected to the contactor circuit to cause K1 to open dumping the load.

kevin66

I have been working the s8 and using deoxit going to work that some more. I do have a good working board with the burden resistors that I was thinking of putting on it. But first I will work the heck out of the s8. Might have to put this one on the back burner for a while if that doesn't work. I have a couple of others with simple fixes fuel leaks and just checking all wires are tight. And again thanks for all the help starting to understand the electrical side a little better.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been working the s8 and using deoxit going to work that some more. I do have a good working board with the burden resistors that I was thinking of putting on it. But first I will work the heck out of the s8. Might have to put this one on the back burner for a while if that doesn't work. I have a couple of others with simple fixes fuel leaks and just checking all wires are tight. And again thanks for all the help starting to understand the electrical side a little better.
img_1_1707444347686.jpg

justinn

One was not pumping fuel took both out and let them soak for a few days one moved fine the other would not
@Guyfang is right. Completely Disassemble the metering pump, and see where it is sticky. Break out the carb cleaner and a rag and de-funk the funk on there and reassemble. I have used a combination of Seafoam, WD-40, Carb Cleaner, Acetone, and pretty much whatever else I have laying around at the time. I am also a firm believer in using an ultrasonic cleaner, if you have one.

Very rarely is the metering pump actually bad.... it's usually just dirty/stuck.

Justin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks