• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803

kevin66

Finally had some time to do a little more testing on k20 oil pressure relay pins 7&4 are reading closed with battery disconnect all others are reading correctly. They are all reading correctly with engine running. Really appreciate the help.

kevin66

I have been going through the wires so far only found 1 and that was on oil pressure gauge. Will continue checking all the wires. Thanks

kevin66

The generator is now working and putting out power to the output lugs. But will trip overload when putting 10 kw load on it. Is there anything that needs to be changed when swapping a 802 electrical panel to a 803 everything looks to be the same not sure if I'm missing something.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The generator is now working and putting out power to the output lugs. But will trip overload when putting 10 kw load on it. Is there anything that needs to be changed when swapping a 802 electrical panel to a 803 everything looks to be the same not sure if I'm missing something.
Are you dumping 10k onto it, or working up to it? Does it hold lesser loads properly? Any change in RPM or engine difference? Any black bits being spit out of the muffler?

kevin66

Are you dumping 10k onto it, or working up to it? Does it hold lesser loads properly? Any change in RPM or engine difference? Any black bits being spit out of the muffler?
It does hold 6500k with our any problem it is when I start going over that. Small change in rpms that l adjusted for. The engine doesn't spit out much of any black bits. I have let it run for several hours at 5k without an issue

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if you just got this going I suggest putting a high quality fuel additive in the mix like seafoam and run it for an hour or two at the highest wattage you know it holds. Then, incrementally add load as you can until you get upwards of rated power. The overload fault could be one of corrosion in contacts in the cube... but if you have never seen this pull rated load, you need to get it up to working temp and see if the fuel can start to dissolve fuel system and combustion chamber FOD and see if you can start working your way up to where its supposed to be. It can take hours to do this properly, if there are no other issues at work.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say "electrical panel" do you mean the entire cube containing the gauges, VR, relays, K1 contactor, current transformer, etc?

If you swapped included the current transformer (CT) then you'll get those "overload" faults.
The number of turns of wire thru the CT's is different for an 802 and an 803.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say "electrical panel" do you mean the entire cube containing the gauges, VR, relays, K1 contactor, current transformer, etc?

If you swapped included the current transformer (CT) then you'll get those "overload" faults.
The number of turns of wire thru the CT's is different for an 802 and an 803.
If you look back up, I think he answered your question but in the quotation. I think it says he swapped only the front half (so would have retained stock CT, etc).

kevin66

Well if you just got this going I suggest putting a high quality fuel additive in the mix like seafoam and run it for an hour or two at the highest wattage you know it holds. Then, incrementally add load as you can until you get upwards of rated power. The overload fault could be one of corrosion in contacts in the cube... but if you have never seen this pull rated load, you need to get it up to working temp and see if the fuel can start to dissolve fuel system and combustion chamber FOD and see if you can start working your way up to where its supposed to be. It can take hours to do this properly, if there are no other issues at work.
I will try that next. It will hold 10k for a minute or so before the overload fault.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to invest in a couple milkhouse heaters. They range up to 1500w for under $40 each. You can plug them into your home and turn them on as needed to add more load. Easy, cheap load banking.

kevin66

I just wanted to be sure he didn't swap the back half.

@kevin66
1) What do you have your Phase/Voltage reconnect switch set to?
2) How do your have your loads connected to the lugs? How much load and across which lugs?
Have am-vm set at 1p l-1 & l-3 and set for110-240 single phase. This is the first one I have had that been a pain in the butt but definitely a good learning experience

kevin66

It is holding around 7200k without tripping overload so I will let it run there for a few hours did add cleaner to tank already. I also have a 802 that I'm in need of a couple of injector pumps if any one has a couple to sell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks