• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Alternator and Pulley

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, got the alternator on and bolted up.

Needed a slightly longer belt. Got a 4040365, but a 4040360 would've been better. 1/2" bottom bolt with grade 8 washers for spacing. 8 groove HD truck pulley. Everything seems to like up.

Now it's time to connect the wiring. I have four wires that look like they were connected to the old alternator. Any way to trace what goes where? Battery, exciter, ground and ?

View attachment 900997View attachment 900998
Yes, the schematic.

CaryHenry

Thank you! The struggle I have is the wires on my gen don't seem to be labeled, so I'm assuming some probing is in order. Ground is fairly straight forward. Regarding the two connections on the bat terminal, if I have batteries and back probe those, should I see power when the system is off. Similarly, for the exc, I'm assuming I should only see power when the switch is set to run?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks