• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803a current and hour meter

Korgoth1

I just purchased a 803a and am trying to get a few things sorted on it.

Where can I find a replacement hour meter, Delks maybe? The one that is on it stuck at 220 hrs.

Also, noticed the percent loaded meter would not budge when starting my air compressor, I would think it would jump when first cut on at least?

cuad4u

Any hour meter that will fit the hole will work as long as it operates on 12-40VDC. The % power meter not moving could be a bad gauge and / or a "bad" current transformer of a "bad" current transformer wire. Delks would be a good place to try. Do you have the % power selector switch in the 240V single phase position. If running single phase and if said switch is in the 3 phase position, the % power gauge will not move.

Last edited:

Korgoth1

I am running single phase, I will have to look for that % power selector switch. Thank you.

I began to load test the unit, at 6500 watts the breaker tripped after about 5 minutes under load. I read the sticky at the top for the 003 and it mentioned the R3 setting could be off. Is the 803 R3 setting procedure the same as the 003? If not, which manual can I find the 803 procedure?

Korgoth1

If you meant the am,vm switch and phase selector switch, yes I had those in the correct position.

I spent a couple hours looking through the diagrams yesterday, I did not see an R3, but did see R10, 11, and 12. They are the 7.5 ohm resistors just behind the control panel on the lh side. Does anyone know if these are used for the breaker setpoint? Two of them measured about an ohm, I would have to desolder them for an accurate reading and I just want to be sure before I bark up the wrong tree.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
R10-R12 are the "burden" resistors for the current transformers 3 outputs.
The resistance of the burden resistors across the current transformers has to be accurate.
If the resistance is not correct the generator will think the load on it is higher or lower than the actual load on it.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
It is indeed the right meter. Look to see if that's a picture of the meter or if it says its a general representation of the meter. I also noticed that a similar item on the same page showed the same picture of a meter, and the military box with NSN on it for less money. 18 bucks. There are about 20 NSN's for the hour meter, but the one listed below is good

181935147298 is the ebay art. number

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks