• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a fuel leak

chilbun28

Hi, I have a fuel leak on at least one line. It looks like the return line is real wet and needs replacing. There is another line that's wet as well, not sure what hose this is. It goes up to a metal cylinder maybe a solenoid. Any idea on replacement hoses?16749499771149107091335638492270.jpg
1674950044497867055338561246261.jpg
16749500757901703794958401296967.jpg

Ray70

So that line you are pointing to is an oil line feeding your oil pressure sensors.
You can get new lines custom made at most NAPA stores as well as places on-line like www.Discounthydraulichose.com
I believe that line is a -4AN / 1/4" JIC female swivel on both ends.
The return line is 3.5mm cloth covered Continental diesel return hose, available on-line at tons of places.
You can also get 1/8" Gates fuel hose from a local parts store, but be warned, the 1/8" is very difficult to get onto the fittings without wrecking your fingers! @Light in the Dark probably knows how I figured that out.... ;) my thumb knuckle may never be the same!
If time permits get the 3.5mm stuff, it's 10x easier to work with.
5/32" would work too, but make sure it's fuel / oil rated and not vacuum line. The diesel will quickly swell up and soften some brands of vacuum hose.

Ray70

Fittings on the oil hose are crimped on, you need to have a new hose assembly made up.
You could cut the sleeves off the fittings and make up your own hose with 1/4" hose and clamps, but I would just buy a custom made assembly.
It will probably be about $20 plus shipping.
The T-fittings on the3.5mm return line are just plastic and reusable.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So that line you are pointing to is an oil line feeding your oil pressure sensors.
You can get new lines custom made at most NAPA stores as well as places on-line like www.Discounthydraulichose.com
I believe that line is a -4AN / 1/4" JIC female swivel on both ends.
The return line is 3.5mm cloth covered Continental diesel return hose, available on-line at tons of places.
You can also get 1/8" Gates fuel hose from a local parts store, but be warned, the 1/8" is very difficult to get onto the fittings without wrecking your fingers! @Light in the Dark probably knows how I figured that out.... ;) my thumb knuckle may never be the same!
If time permits get the 3.5mm stuff, it's 10x easier to work with.
5/32" would work too, but make sure it's fuel / oil rated and not vacuum line. The diesel will quickly swell up and soften some brands of vacuum hose.
I use that stuff on every machine! All it takes is some motor oil (normally used from the oil change within arms reach from working on said machine) on the barb ends and they go together relatively easily. Definitely not as loose as the leaky Continental, but much more readily available.

chilbun28

So if I go with the gates fuel line to solve my diesel return line leak, i need to go with the 1/8" hose or 1/4" hose.
Also, regular gates fuel line or some special line for diesel or higher pressure? Sorry for being redundant, I've been up and going since 1AM.....

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dav5

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what i buy for the return lines. Since it is red i can identify which ones i have changed.
3.5mm Diesel Fuel Injector Return Line Hose Made in Italy
Also just be patient if your going to replace return lines as you will be removing the top of the unit. lots of bolts .

chilbun28

And the fittings everywhere the fuel line terminates, is it all hose barb fittings where I can cut the old hose off the fittings and push the new hose onto them, or is the fittings pressed fittings where I need to get new fittings with the new hoses? Trying to get my material list together. I'll be going out to the farm Tuesday morning to do the replacement and want to have everything I need. Thanks

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10-32X1/2 Slotted Hex Washer Head Machine Screws 18-8 Stainless Steel (50 Pcs)
#10-32 Stainless Steel Locknuts with External-Tooth Lock Washer,50-Pieces,Kep Nut

10-32x3/4 Stainless Steel Slotted Hex Washer Head Machine Screws 18-8

Flat Washer SAE 18-8 Stainless Steel
your going to need these as well, stainless is not required but i do not like rust

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks