• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a fuel level sending unit wire

bosko

My fuel gauge is not working.
Something is wrong with wire 128B some where between j7 pin 1 plug under the control panel and the sending unit. There is no continuity. Should I dig in the the j7 plug or just run a new wire? Any help would be appreciated.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My fuel gauge is not working.
Something is wrong with wire 128B some where between j7 pin 1 plug under the control panel and the sending unit. There is no continuity. Should I dig in the the j7 plug or just run a new wire? Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if it's possible but could you post the connections you're looking at so I don't have to scour the tm for it...I have an 803 and can test it real quick if I know where you think the problem is!
Thanks!
Rich

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say whichever you feel will be accomplished more easily, with the least amount of side effects. As humans did the crimping and wire fastening... not everything is perfect. You could just run a separate wire, or you could keep it OEM. What feels like the better choice for your needs?

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you looked up into J7? Sometimes the pins are bent or burnt off. Look to make sure.
Then unscrew J7. Pull on wire #128B. If it will not pull out, (and remove the neg batter cable before you start doing all this) unhook the wire at M5-S, (should be wire #128B) and pull it out of the harness. Cut the wire ties, and pull it out to inspect it. You might find the damaged spot. I always put wire ties on, (loose, not tightened up) the wire harness BEFORE cutting the old one. That way you can rethread the repaired wire or put a new one back in, and tighten up the wire ties. This is a straight shot. No TB's or anything. Easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks