• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Fuel Pump Rack Setting Gage (Gauge)

jmpratt

According to the 253-24, you need one of these to hold the governor lever in the shutdown position when reinstalling the injection pumps.

Do I really need it? Can I make one?

Guyfang

Staff member
This rig centers the rack. I hate to tell anyone this, but I had one and gave it to a soldier. I am sure he used it for a fishing weight. Yep, just like it shows in the TM.

jmpratt

Injection pump installation question:
The TM says to rotate the pumps CCW when installing them. Does that mean the control arm on the pump should be rotated full CCW relative to the body of the pump? Once installed, how do you ensure all the pumps are in the exact same orientation? Because if they're not, they'll each deliver a slightly different amount of fuel.

Last edited:

Ray70

I'd be interested to know the answer too. The TM doesn't seem to say much about it. I have a machine I'm working on that has 2 cyls. that run clean under a heavy load a 2 that give a little black smoke.
All the injectors are new and the lift pumps were removed and cleaned. I can't turn the pumps on the smoking cylinders any more CCW because the fuel line is touching the push rod tube, but I could turn the clean burning cylinders slightly CW... if that will do anything to balance the fuel supply?? Or just leave it alone....

jamawieb

Injection pump installation question:
The TM says to rotate the pumps CCW when installing them. Does that mean the control arm on the pump should be rotated full CCW relative to the body of the pump? Once installed, how do you ensure all the pumps are in the exact same orientation? Because if they're not, they'll each deliver a slightly different amount of fuel.
After you get the pumps installed, turn them as far CCW as possible, then tighten the hold down nut. Then use a IR thermometer on the head, right before it connects to the manifold to take temperature readings. If there is a large temperature difference between cylinders, you can rotate the pumps slightly to get them in line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks