• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a help finding the fuse for the FU1 Battery charging circuit for the alternato

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, BUSSMAN is NOT the buzz word. The buzz word is FHN26G1. That's why I put all the part numbers in the thread. You simply have to try a few part numbers or NSN's to see what pops up. Its the same with the fuse.
sorry...I tried at least 15 of the numbers...none popped up with that part number and all sites wanted part quotes and none in stock.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang....didn't know bussman was the buzz word to find it...I had the part number...I do find locating some parts can be a pain...I looked them up in the manual....I ordered the 8.75 one on ebay...excited to get this making power...should have it Wednesday! Thanks a ton!!
Do you have the required fuse?

Ray70

I needed like 5 of them about a year ago.... 5 out of 7 machines I bought in 1 lot were missing them. luckily I stumbled across a good deal on ebay for something that looked close, but I didn't have the PN. Think it was 10 pcs. for under $20, so I bought them and was thrilled that they happened to be correct! I was figuring that if the caps didn't fit I could just swap out the whole thing. Luckily they happened to be the right ones. Makes me think there will eventually be someone else that might need one....

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill look through my parts stash, I might have a cap...
@LightintheDark
I found mine laying inside the panel under a few wires . I’m thinking from unloading and slanting with An excavator bucket .
But I have a question, when FU1 is inserted (holder and all) is it supposed to be able to be pulled out easily (like if the set were angled when loaded or unloaded - it would fall out)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray nailed it. If its anything other than that, replace the assembly (it might just be the cap, if you don't want to solder a new body in place). I would say they are commonly available (they WERE) but are not. Eaton BK/HKP-R is the assembly with the cap. I see lead times of 6 months right now on a lot of the electronic parts wholesalers sites.

Edit: Arrow has some stock https://www.arrow.com/en/products/bkhkp-w-r/eaton

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuse holder should push in and turn to the right a little bit and lock in place.
The cap should have a couple little tabs sticking out of the sides that twist and lock into the body of the fuse holder.
It should not come out at all unless you push it in and turn it counterclockwise again.
Thank you all . I see it now . I was not pressing hard enough . Pushed right in and locked clockwise .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks