• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a interlock setup

Justin8321

Just wanted to show my 2006 mep-803 set up with a 60 amp interlock kit. Have a sub panel box as well for load testing. Also purchased a 55 gallon drum for a auxiliary fuel tank

Attachments

Last edited:

csheath

Nice basic setup.

If you connect the auxiliary fuel supply you might want to make sure and loosen the vent cap on the drum. Not sure if it would create a vacuum or not. I put some air compressor mufflers on mine to keep them vented all the time. So far I haven't had any condensation problems. Others have recommended desiccant type breathers.

jaxbill

Very nice setup. What did you put between the MEP and the concrete? Is that to reduce vibration noise?

Justin8321

Very nice setup. What did you put between the MEP and the concrete? Is that to reduce vibration noise?
Yes I looked for 3x3x1 inch anti vibration pads off of Amazon and it made a world of a difference with vibration on the ground. Before the anti vibration pads when I mounted the generator on the concrete pad it amplifies the vibration through the ground so badly that I could feel the ground vibrations almost 30 feet away. After the pads it’s so suddle just a couple feet away you can barley feel the ground move

https://www.amazon.com/Medium-Vibra...20824458&sr=8-42&keywords=anti+vibration+pads

Justin8321

Nice basic setup.

If you connect the auxiliary fuel supply you might want to make sure and loosen the vent cap on the drum. Not sure if it would create a vacuum or not. I put some air compressor mufflers on mine to keep them vented all the time. So far I haven't had any condensation problems. Others have recommended desiccant type breathers.
I’m currently looking to figure out how to fabricate my own fitting in the 3/4 inch bung using metal instead of pvc. Once I overcome that obstacle of getting a pipe to connect to the bottom side of a bushing I’m going to get a 2 inch vented filler cap from tractor supply.