• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A & Magnum Energy ME AGS-N Auto Gen start

ELPasoTom

Greetings friends. Been awhile since my generator install.
IMG_3004.jpg
Everything still working great. I am trying to implement the next phase of my independence by incorporating a grid tie solar panel system with batteries 48V system. Part of this in the interface of an generator auto start which is this part number for Magnum Energy:

https://www.wholesalesolar.com/2911...ssories/magnum-energy-me-ags-n-auto-gen-start

With a link to various wiring diagrams for various generators:

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/References/AutoGenStart

Questions are:
Do we have a generator match from this list in either Lister-Petter or Onan?
Is there a different module to install first or concurrently with the Magnum module?

Anything else I am missing/ references or places I missed that may already cover this?

Thank you again
Tom

m38inmaine

I live off the power grid, have solar panels, charge controller, MEP-003A and a 24v battery bank as well as a Isuzu 3LB1 8kw diesel as primary. I have the Isuzu wired to run auto through the Magnum control module. When my batteries reach 23.8v my genset auto starts and supplies house power and charges the batteries, after a set time it shuts off and reverts back to the Magnum for house power off the battery bank. My MEP-003A will also work and I have used it many times, how ever it is not on an auto start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks