• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803a No Fuel Light - One possible problem and solution

Jeff H

The nylon wedge collar under the nut seemed almost fused to the aluminum tube. Even with the nut completely off the collar initially would not budge to allow me to adjust the height.
It took a while but I held the aluminum tube with a pair of rubber padded spark plug boot pliers so as to not damage the tube, and slide a 1/2" open end wrench under the collar, some silicon spray, and kept working it until the collar freed up.
I had to move it down 7/16" to get it 1/16" from the bottom.
The low fuel light and shutoff was occurring at more than 1/4 tank on the gauge. Now it occurs at just under 1/8 tank on the gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks