• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A on trailer height?

jaxbill

Can anyone with a MEP-803A on trailer measure the height from the ground to the top of the generator?

I can find the individual specs in the TMs but am not sure about the height of the actual bed on the trailer.

Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
There are several ways to find this info. Helps if you tell us what kind of trailer it is. One way is to use the trailer manual in conjunction with the generator manual, along with paper and pen.

Second way would be to know if you are talking about a PU, (Power Unit) or PP, (Power Plant) and use the manual for that particular unit. There is also a Shipping, Weights and Dimentions TM. I forget the TM number, but thought it is in the TM forum.

jaxbill

Thanks. I got the info on the M116A3. I might have been looking at the wrong TM. I couldn't find the deck height where the MEP sits on the trailer. The external URL above has a nice drawing. Thanks everyone.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

It depends on what model of trailer (Power Unit)

A PU-798A (MEP-803A on a LTT-TQG (Similar to M1102))

2007 PU-798A.jpgPU798A data tag.jpg

Shows to be 71.25 inches high

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks. I got the info on the M116A3. I might have been looking at the wrong TM. I couldn't find the deck height where the MEP sits on the trailer. The external URL above has a nice drawing. Thanks everyone.
We are one step closer. Now we know the trailer is a M116A3. So, let me try and set my pinch bar a little higher. Did you simply buy/ steal, get gifted or find under your pillow, this M116A3 trailer, or did the gen set come to you mounted on it? If you have a real PU, or PP, then there is a data plate on the trailer that tells you what kind of PU, or PP it is. So please take a look see at your trailer.

jaxbill

I haven't bought it yet. My HOA requires it (or anything) to be shielded by my fence in my backyard and that's why the height mattered. I didn't want to simply add the height of the MEP and the trailer together because I wasn't sure if the trailer spec was the height of the deck or a higher point on the trailer itself.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, then tell us what you might have been looking at. Or if there are pictures, that's always good. As you can see by Daybreaks pictures, the info you need is on the PU set. Also in the PU and PP manuals.

Guyfang

Staff member
Guyfang is going to be a Grandfather in 6 months. It just don't get any betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks