• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Outlet box location on right side?

lynn896

My 803a is about to be set on a concrete pad. It would be more convienent for me to place an outlet receptacle box on the right side of the generator. There is a small port located at the right front bottom that looks like it was just made for my 60 amp outlet.

My question is: Would there be any reason for not installing the outlet on the right side of the generator. I know I would have to remove the storage box on the door to the right of the lug connection.

12Jul18 065.jpg12Jul18 063.jpg12Jul18 064.jpg

Thanks in advance! This site and its people have been invaluable to me!

Zed254

With 15 feet of SOOW 6/4 and a 50 amp twist lock connector you might be able to save your storage box on that door. You will need to tighten the cable hole to keep critters outside.

Last edited:

Dave926

I had the same problem. The blank cover on the right side fits nicely on the left side, covering the hole once you take out the plate with the grommet. There is another blank plate on the inside, between the storage box and the and the output terminals. Remove the grommet from the plate you took out earlier and install on the partition between the output terminals and the storage box. (I also had to take out the terminal wrench) It will keep the feeder cables from chafing on the metal partition. I cut a hole in the blank plate big enough for the 1-1/4" liquid tight connections to the house. The wires fit nicley underneath the door of the storage box. I also ran a 120 vac circuit to power the 24 vdc trickle charger and a dehydrator (For a safe) to help dry out the genset since I leave it covered with a tarp. Don't know if the dehydrator is doing any good yet since I just installed it a few hours ago. It gets pretty humid in Ft Myers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks