• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Outlets have no power.

ECS

I have an MEP-803A with just over 100 hours and everything on it works like it should except the 2 power outlets beside the front control panel.

These 2 outlets have no power.

Is there a breaker for these? or where should I look to find the problem?

ECS

Thanks,

The reset on the panel didn't work when I tried it ... BUT someone PM'd me about a switch behind the panel that I didn't know about so I'm going to try that.

Guyfang

Staff member
That's what Robson just told you to do. If that dosnt work, then trace the white and black wires back to the TB, and see if you have 120 volts there. If you do, buy a new GFI.

Ray70

Check the GFCI breaker itself and see if the reset button is popped out. If its popped out and will not stay in when pressed, try removing the outlet itself and disconnect the neutral or the ground. Cover the exposed wire and try it again.
I just had one with some sort of problem inside the outlet. It was causing the GFCI to constantly trip. I replaced the AC outlet and everything works perfect now.

Guyfang

Staff member
Check the GFCI breaker itself and see if the reset button is popped out. If its popped out and will not stay in when pressed, try removing the outlet itself and disconnect the neutral or the ground. Cover the exposed wire and try it again.
I just had one with some sort of problem inside the outlet. It was causing the GFCI to constantly trip. I replaced the AC outlet and everything works perfect now.

That's good. In all the years I have been doing this, I NEVER saw a bad plug. Never. Smashed, cracked, torn out by the roots, installed improperly, but never bad. Good shot Ray!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you find the breaker reset, just behind the 'idiot light panel'? If so, did it solve your issue? You should wrap up threads you start, with any resolution you do come to. It will help folks who search in the future, to see if the advice given solved problems or not. :)

Bmxenbrett

I have see gfci outlets go bad that were only a few months old. Dont remember the brand.
Could this be a water in the outlet issue?

Ray70

Well, it's not a GFCI outlet, its a regular old NEMA 5-15 fed from a remote GFCI breaker. In my case the outlet cover had been damaged and water probably got into the outlet itself, but compressed air and leaving indoors for a while didn't help. ( not that there was any evidence of water in the outlet ) replacing the $2 receptacle was all it needed. There seemed to be some internal leakage from hot to ground inside the outlet making it impossible to reset the GFCI while the gen is running.
Shut it off and the GFCI button would reset, then pop immediately after starting the gen again. Strangest thing....

Guyfang

Staff member
I saw the same symptoms, but it was one wire from the GFI, to the outlet, worn through. And another time the N wire, (white) was pinched between the frame and the side cover. Those were easy to find, as I always tested the GFI out of the set.

ECS

The 803 is in a remote location, and I'm not going to get back out there until later next week. I will use all the suggestions, thanks !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks