• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803A question

lrazaitis

I just acquired a MEP803A that has a digital control panel installed. The panel was install by a company called DRS Technologies. The panel is a Woodward EasyGen 2500. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Photo is attached

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These were prototype mules, modified in the field by DRS. It has the additional control panel and an electronic actuator. Based on the info I got on these strange sets, the best thing you can do is delete both of those items (and put a standard fuel shutdown solenoid back on the machine) and get it back to a standard 10KW set.

lrazaitis

I've never seen an 803A like that. Besides the EasyGen the front panel switch and gauge layout is different from "normal" 803A's.
Following...
These were prototype mules, modified in the field by DRS. It has the additional control panel and an electronic actuator. Based on the info I got on these strange sets, the best thing you can do is delete both of those items (and put a standard fuel shutdown solenoid back on the machine) and get it back to a standard 10KW set.
Looks like it would a lot of work to change it back. Much of the wiring inside the control panels is different. It has a lot of additional electronic components that are not on a regular MEP803A.
Would you know where I could obtain more information on it. Manuals etc. I have tried to contact the vendor that did the modifications but have not heard back from them yet.
Any ideas on how many of these were modified.
Thanks for your assistance with this

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swapping out the entire control cube would be the easiest, and most direct plug and play. I might have one becoming available soon for a 10K, FYI.

DRS won't get back to you. They in fact cleaned out their entire power generation portion of their business at auction 6-12 months ago. They have moved on from this machine and this business as far as I know.

I dont believe you will find documentation. I was told this was testing product, with both 5s and 10s converted. I cant speak to the exact quantity, but there are others out there... just not in huge numbers.

lrazaitis

I appreciate your help. I have access to an entire control cube and wiring from an old parts generator. I may change it out.
I buy and sell generators and have sold a number of 803A,s over the last few years. I guess since this was some kind of prototype it would not have the same value as a regular 803A.
Thanks again for your help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks