• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Replacement Parts

jwhite9787

Hi,

I'm new to generators in general. I have purchased a new generator that seems to be in fairly good condition. I'm trying to learn what I can about the parts on this unit should I need to replace anything. I can work my way around engines and their components fine and it seems like parts are easy to find for that end of the unit. As for the generator assembly itself, I'm running into some trouble trying to find these parts. In an easy world, I would think I could find an entire generator assembly replacement but it appears as though you have to pull the thing apart and replace components.

It looks to me like the main component that actually makes the electricity would be the Rotor Core, part # 201-1997. I can't find this component anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on the life expectancy out of the actual generator assembly? Is the Rotor Core, the component that wears out generally? Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find these components? Better yet, is it ever possible to find a whole generator assembly?

Guyfang

Staff member
JW,

You should take some time and read old thread titles. It will start to give you a few ideas. Then look/scan some threads. To flesh out your ideas. Then READ some threads that seem to stick out in your mind. Take some time. Get smart. READ THE TM's. Know your machine, dont think its such a simple machine that the operation instructions are not needed. There are several folks in Massachusetts who are real smart in this field. There are some folks in this forum, that are real smart in this field. We are here to help. But get smart first, before you start planning. It will save you time and money.

jamawieb

I have complete 10K generators available (rotor, stator, flywheel, end casting, etc) new in box.
Rich, you may want to take the flywheels off and sell them by themselves because I've known several people that bought the LPW engine for other applications but couldn't find the flywheels. They had to spend alot on a custom machined flywheel. Just my two cents

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have considered doing just that. I am in no rush to sell my parts stock, but will on an as-needed basis. I do have a spare flywheel in stock right now, totally separate from my genhead inventory if you know anyone looking.

gump65

jwhite,

I am also new here on SS site with a generator purchase. Recently picked up an 803A and a replacement genhead from Light in Dark. He had done all the trouble shooting/diagnosing on the unit and determined the problems. It is now up to me to do all the leg work and make it purr again. I will be starting a thread that outlines my journey through this re/re.
Sounds like we are in a very similar situation and I will keep you in mind should I have any questions that I think you might be able to help me with or suggestions I may offer up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks