• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Starting issues! please help!

Greg Elmgren

I'm a complete novice with the 803a. It will start occasionally, but it clicks and the low pressure warning indicator comes on most of the time. the small amount of research i have done i cannot figure it out. Could it be Frequency Trip Switch (S14) ? How do you test them? Any help would be appreciated

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you holding it in "START" till you see oil pressure registering on the gauge?

This isn't like other machines where you release the START switch as soon as it fires off. You have to hold it in START till its running and it is registering oil pressure. Otherwise it will shutdown.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As DieselAddict said, just try holding the start switch much longer. There is a disconnect in the circuit... You cannot hurt the starter (you actually need to hold it a few seconds so the set will begin to produce power after it hits operating rpm). If it then doesn't work, then the troubleshooting begins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks