• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a Switch,Frecuency Trip Burn

gstboy69

Hello,

Today my generator after 2 hour on,shutdown and I foun the problem the Switch Frecuency Trip Burned. I dont found exactly this model. Please if something have one for sale let me know please enclosed the pictures. Thanks

Attachments

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it's burned out? The brown you see inside is probably just the conformal coating on the board and wires.

One supplier that people have been able to buy them from is Quantum Controls. People in the past have been able to buy them for $75 from them.
Here is the contact info for the sales manager there.
Harry Webster, Sales Manager
HarryW@quantum-controls.com

You could also try contacting Technology Research Company on the chance they'd sell you one.
TRC

gstboy69

Are you sure it's burned out? The brown you see inside is probably just the conformal coating on the board and wires.

One supplier that people have been able to buy them from is Quantum Controls. People in the past have been able to buy them for $75 from them.
Here is the contact info for the sales manager there.
Harry Webster, Sales Manager
HarryW@quantum-controls.com

You could also try contacting Technology Research Company on the chance they'd sell you one.
TRC
Hello,

Thanks for the information yes its burned, I opened the relay and the internal chip is opened and crack. When I removed the relay was white of fumes in the interior.

Ray70

Question is.... why did it burn up? I'd hate to see you spend $159 or even $75 on a new one and have that one cook itself right out of the gate as well...
I can't help diagnose what caused it, but hopefully others have experience with it to help you check things before replacing it.

gstboy69

Question is.... why did it burn up? I'd hate to see you spend $159 or even $75 on a new one and have that one cook itself right out of the gate as well...
I can't help diagnose what caused it, but hopefully others have experience with it to help you check things before replacing it.
When the generator was on, adjust the frequency a little to take it to exactly 60hz with the generator handle. I understand the failure may be related to this matter. The only thing that I adjusted was the frequency and 15 minutes after adjusting it the generator turned off, I smell of a burned electrical part and when I open the panel I find the relay full of white smoke. hope this helps.

Guyfang

Staff member
When the generator was on, adjust the frequency a little to take it to exactly 60hz with the generator handle. I understand the failure may be related to this matter. (No, don't think so. This switch was normally very reliable. But keep in mind, its not new. I saw a few failures, and it was simply a failure in the switch. Do you have the quad circuit fuse installed? Have you download the TM's?) The only thing that I adjusted was the frequency and 15 minutes after adjusting it the generator turned off, (Was there an idiot light on? By that, I mean a fault light?) I smell of a burned electrical part and when I open the panel I find the relay full of white smoke. hope this helps.

cbisson

There is someone on this forum that has some aftermarket ones he'd like to sell. I'll PM you his contact info.
I'd like to add one to my spare parts stash. If possible please let me know how I can get one of these.

Thanks,

-Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks