• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a top shell / bottom skid rails * separating halfs **

sandmanxx

I take it one can separate the top shell with electrics from bottom base with skid rails by taking out
the bolts / screws all the way around the sides at base. Plus i found 4 or 5 inside behind the engine
"going across".. That and the lift rings bolts.

Any other "hidden" bolts inside stopping my from separating it?

Ps: I understand i may find a few wires /etc to deal with along the way..

Result: Want the engine and generator left on base to deal with..

Yes / no?? Am i on the right track??

Haoleb

You will have to take the top cover off and disconnect the 12 wires from the generator that go to terminal block as they are not wired into a plug that could be disconnected.

lonesouth

You will have to take the top cover off and disconnect the 12 wires from the generator that go to terminal block as they are not wired into a plug that could be disconnected.
if this is going to be a common activity, may be worth it to add a weatherpack or amphenol to make it easier in the future

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks