• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A: wiring issue... please HELP

jamawieb

Stupid question #27... How does one tell what side of the diode is positive???
No stupid questions. Diodes are one direction components. Meaning voltage passes in one direction and can not go in the opposite. On the diode you will see a gray stripe around it, that is the cathode (-) and the black side is the anode (+). To test them you need a multi-meter that test diodes and you will have current going in one direction and when you flip the leads you should get zero. Usually when the diode goes bad it will be zero in both directions, not letting current flow at all.

SQF

Okay all, its fixed!!! After reading and re-reading all of your posts I traced the wire off the x-terminal and through the K20 relay. I had 24V everywhere I was supposed to and just about to give up again when I happened to wiggle the wire off of the #6 terminal of K20. As I wiggled it, the wire popped out of the terminal fork (proper term?) and revealed a little corroded wire end. Despite having checked that terminal 20+ times the current wasn't actually getting into the wire and then up to the x-terminal. 20 seconds later I installed a new end on the wire and the AC interrupter switch roared back to life.

Thanks to this forum and all those that make it go around!Generator issue.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Okay all, its fixed!!! After reading and re-reading all of your posts I traced the wire off the x-terminal and through the K20 relay. I had 24V everywhere I was supposed to and just about to give up again when I happened to wiggle the wire off of the #6 terminal of K20. As I wiggled it, the wire popped out of the terminal fork (proper term?) and revealed a little corroded wire end. Despite having checked that terminal 20+ times the current wasn't actually getting into the wire and then up to the x-terminal. 20 seconds later I installed a new end on the wire and the AC interrupter switch roared back to life.

Thanks to this forum and all those that make it go around!View attachment 738412
Glad this worked out, and glad you closed the loop!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks